twitter



St Valentine's Day is celebrated every year on 14 February. It's the day when people show their affection for another person by sending cards, flowers or chocolate with messages of love.

In the UK, a massive amount of money is spent on what some say is the most romantic day of the year: 22 million spent on flowers, 7 million red roses and 12 million cards are sent.

So, have a happy Valentine's Day but remember: don't feel left out if you don't get a card - it's giving that counts!

Here you can read a funny Valentine's poem...



         Roses are red ...

Roses are red, 
Violets are blue, 
Sugar is sweet 
And so are you!

Roses are red,
Violets are blue. 

Please don't kiss me – 
I have the flu!

My big red heart says, 
“Boom! Boom! Boom!” 
My big red heart says, 
“Whoo! Whoo! Whoo!” 
My big red heart says, 
“I love you!”